Champion Process Inc. is a leading supplier of coalescers for industrial applications. Coalescing filtration is the separation of two phases. The phases can be liquid-liquid or liquid-gas. The filters use the coalescing effect to separate liquids, vapors, gas or any liquid from another type of liquid. In addition to separation, they serve as a method for filtering out particulates. Champion Process’ coalescers are recognized for their reliability, durability, and performance in a wide variety of environments.
Types of Industrial Coalescers
Liquid-liquid Coalescing Filters
Liquid-liquid coalescers are filters that utilize the coalescing process to separate two immiscible liquids. This type of equipment is designed to coalesce immiscible non-continuous phase liquids from continuous phase liquids.
Liquid-gas Coalescing Filters
Liquid-gas coalescers remove aerosols and fine contaminants from gas and other liquids using the coalescing process. Liquid Gas coalescers are designed for high flow rates and high solids holding ability.
What are the Common Applications of Coalescing Filters?
Some of the common applications of coalescing filters include:
- Remove water and particulate from airstreams and hydrocarbon products during refining and processing
- Filtration of aviation jet fuel
- Filtration for process streams in petrochemical plants and refineries
- Removal of liquids from Hydrocarbons
- Removal of oil from water phase
Additional features and advantages of CPI separators and filters include:
- Application specific housing designs
- High-capacity flow rates
- Superior solids holding
- Variety of filter media & filter support structure options
- Micron ratings from 0.5 to 150
- Temperature ratings up to 450°F
- Horizontal & vertical housing styles